The National Employers have now met and have made an improved and final pay offer to the NJC unions as follows:
• With effect from 1 April 2021, an increase of 2.75 per cent on NJC pay point 1
• With effect from 1 April 2021, an increase of 1.75 per cent on all NJC pay points 2 and above
• Completion of the outstanding work of the joint Term-Time Only review group
The previous offer was 1.5% for all.
The other elements of the claim were for:
• A national minimum agreement on homeworking for all councils. They rejected this but have proposed further talks on hybrid working.
• An agreement on best practice national programme of mental health support for all Council staff. Further discussions will be held on providing a framework agreement.
• A review of the Green Book provisions for maternity/paternity/adoption leave/shared parental arrangements. The Government will be issuing its response to its consultation on the potential reform of the statutory provisions for maternity, parental and family leave and pay before the end of the year. Therefore, the employers propose that the NJC waits to see what the government brings forward before it embarks on a review of its own.
The unions response is expected shortly.