The three NJC Trade Unions, UNISON, Unite and GMB, have presented their joint claim to the National Employers. The claim seeks:
- A substantial increase with a minimum of £2,000 or the current rate of RPI – whichever is greater – on all spinal column points.
• A Covid-19 recognition payment
• A national minimum agreement on homeworking policies for all councils and the introduction of a home working allowance
• An urgent review of all mileage rates currently applying
• A review and update of NJC terms for family leave and pay
• A review of term time only contracts and consideration of retainers
• Reduction in the working week (without loss of pay) to 35 hours (34 in London) plus one additional day of annual leave
The timetable for these talks is as per the news item of 24th May.