As of the 1st November 2017 the Institute will be merged back into one body with the Society. You are still able to apply for Member or Fellow level of the Institute until the 1st November but from this date you will automatically be moved to the new Professional Development Scheme.
Click here to read more about the new scheme and why the Institute is being merged back into the Society.
Institute of Local Council Managers (ILCM)
It is open to all SLCC members and is committed to supporting its members throughout their careers by focusing more on the key benefits of professional recognition within the sector and professional development through continuous professional development (CPD).
Our aim is to provide something which is:-
Additional benefits of joining the ILCM include
1. The new electronic Institute 'Journal' which aims to provide more in depth analysis on current topics of debate and further longer research articles of interest to the wider local government sector. Click here to view The Journal page
2. Networking opportunities with likeminded colleagues
3. All Institute members automatically become members of the International Institute of Municipal Clerks (IIMC). This is the international professional body for Clerks with members based in a number of countries worldwide, particularly in The USA and Canada. The SLCC has a partnership arrangement with the IIMC which includes a range of programmes including bursaries for visits to the IIMC conference and exchange programmes with Clerks in other countries. Details of benefits of membership can be found on the IIMC website at www.iimc.com
4. A self-regulating system for recording CPD as well as help and advice on acquiring your CPD points.
5. Information and advice regarding your professional development via the Mentoring Scheme and the Frequently Asked Questions.
6. Access to the Institute Book Scheme which will enable you to obtain free text books and information re recommended books for your CPD courses.
If you are not a member of the Institute why not consider joining us?
The application form and guidance notes are here
If you would like more information come along to the Institute/Professional Development Stand at all SLCC conferences and events. Alternatively contact Lesley Swinbank, Institute Officer, on the following:
Tel: 01740 622429